Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Magic House

Yesterday we took an afternoon trip down to Kirkwood to visit the St. Louis Children's Museum, aka The Magic House. This place is one of those landmarks around town that people always mention--"You really need to see the museums in Forest Park, and go to a Cards game at Busch, and do the brewery tour, oh, and the Magic House is awesome!"
I'm not really sure how old I was when I last went to the Magic House, but it was probably something like 15 to 20 years ago. They have expanded quite a lot, and the place is huge now. The parts that I recognized from childhood are much, much larger in my memory than in real life.
Picture Time!



Rooms with lots of mirrors are always entertaining.


"Man, mommy, I could play with this stuff all day."

"No, really! All day!"

The Magic House: Teaching kids that knives and stoves are not only not that big a deal, but completely harmless when combined.


I believe this is her first ball pit. Start 'em young, I say


Onward!

If you don't recognize this, it's a display with a faithful reproduction of the classic children's book "Goodnight Moon" which I read many times as a kid.

Isidora being fascinated (actually, surprisingly un-fascinated) by the wonders of electricity.

That's all for now. We had a very good time, but as often happens, Izzie let us know when she was tired and it was time to go. Which meant she protested loudly upon leaving. We went ahead and sprung (sprang?) for a basic membership, so we will be back many more times I'm sure.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how big Izzy is getting! She is such a good combination of you guys :)

    ReplyDelete