Monday, October 4, 2010

Making cookies

For the last couple of months, I have been baking cookies and bringing about 75-85% of the batches to work to share with the other doctors and the nurses. One of the best parts about it is that Izzie really really likes helping bake the cookies. She will stand up on our step stool right next to me and help me dump the cups/teaspoons of ingredients into their appropriate containers. She also likes to help stir up the dry ingredients after I have thoroughly mixed them (I guess I wasn't thorough enough). Sometimes I catch her licking her finger and sticking it in the flour (oh well). Her favorite part is, of course, when she gets the beater after the mixer has finished mixing the dough.

After I have cut the cookie dough or spooned it onto sheets, she sits on the ground with me and watches the cookies in the oven - for a little while. Then we play in the kitchen and wait for the cookies to be finished cooking.

It has been a lot of fun to bake with Izzie! At our old place, we really didn't have room to bake, and I very rarely got the mixer our to make anything. Here, our kitchenaid sits in the corner on the counter and I just slide it out to make something. :)

The people at work have really liked my baking prowess as well - usually I try to bake something a couple of times per week and everyone seems to think that the cookies are pretty tasty. I certainly like them.

Anyway, I have really enjoyed my newly-found baking hobby, and Isidora really likes to bake with me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment